May 21, 2011 | | Comments 0

You Asked About: Will Executor

Joseph asks…

How can I force my mother’s will executor to complete the sale of her property?

My mother died almost a year ago. My sister is executor of her will. The sale of her house has been in limbo….for example, my sister told me she would get an appraisal on the house value asap the first week in January. We still do not have an appraisal.

Chas answers:

Since the estate is paying the attorney you (if no other sibling) a inventory of your mother estate has to be filed in the probate court. The estate having an executor named has to have a appraisal done to get the base price of the home value. Get a copy of the probate papers and if the inventory has not be filed hire another attorney to protect your inheritance.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Entry Information

Filed Under: Q & A

RSSPost a Comment  |  Trackback URL

Reverse Number